Sunday, September 15, 2019

busy busy


So the other day after I posted I kind of stalked some of the blogs I followed.  I didn’t leave any comments yet.  More or less it was just seeing which blogs were still active.  Most of them were which a pleasant surprise was.  

This past week was a bit crazy.  It seems as though things are more hectic than usual.  Princess Bear (PB) has just started physical therapy a few times a week for her scoliosis.  As it turns out the scoliosis has made it so her hips are uneven.  That paired with the fact that low muscle tone is a contributing factor to her frequent falls.  I’m also in physical therapy.  A few months ago I saw the Dr for some severe pain in my back and arm.  One MRI later I found out that I have severe arthritis in my spine as well as spinal stenosis.  Frankly I think I’m too damn young to have to deal with this but my body doesn’t give a damn!  I have received several epidural c spine pain injections.  They do work but the pain always returns.  I’m hoping that PT will help me build up some strength in my neck so movement isn’t so painful.  So in additional to our normally busy lives we have added for extra appointments a week.  Hopefully we see some great results from PT and can move on to a home program before too long. 

This weekend was a great one in terms of being a Chicago sports fan.  The Cubs have had a few outstanding games against the Pirates which has been fun to watch.  Rizzo hurt himself today some I’m really hoping it’s not so bad that he’s out for the rest of the season.  The Bears pulled off a last second win against the Broncos so the sports g-ds have smiled down!  Usually weekends for us have a relatively set routine and are pretty low key.  This weekend was my birthday as well as my friend Rachel’s wedding.  It was nice to have the change of pace.  The only downside was trying to wrap up PBs homework on a Sunday night.  I’ve now realized how much algebra I don’t remember and how much you really never need it in the real world!  Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments: