Monday, June 2, 2014

In shock

We've known for awhile that Princess Bear (PB) is growing quickly.  She's 10 years old and over 5'5" tall.  Today we had an appointment with her endocrinologist.  I started getting concerned when the resident kept on poking and prodding PB asking if it hurt.  The Dr. came in and quickly let me know that something is pretty wrong with PB.  She sent PB for blood work and a bone age scan x-ray.  She kept on mentioning a pituitary tumor.  How in the hell can my baby possibly have a tumor in her head??!!!???  And when in the hell is my child ever going to catch a break??? 

The Dr.  said she should have the results by the end of the week and I'd most likely hear from her Friday.  Then we'll have a better idea of what the next step will be.  She had me make a follow up appointment for 4 months from now but cautioned me that we'd probably be back much sooner.  That's a far cry from having appointments once every year or 18 months. 

So, I'm sitting here crying because PB is sleeping and its my time to be weak.  We're not telling her anything until I've talked to the Dr. again and have a better idea of what we're dealing with here.  Until then it will be life as normal.  How do you do normal when you feel like your world is spinning out of control? 

No comments: