Friday, June 13, 2014

Blessings abound

After a very long almost 2 weeks and damn near stalking the Dr since she was almost a week late giving me Princess Bear's (PB's) test results life is grand.  The number that would definitely indicate PB had a Pituitary tumor was in normal range.  We still have to go back in October so they can redo all the blood tests to make sure everything is still in normal ranges.  The Dr.  is still nervous that she's shot up so much height wise this year.  They did say that her bone age scan has her at a 13 year old level so she's 2 years ahead of that since she turned 11 on Wednesday.  There is still some following up we need to do with a geneticist but luckily we can do that here in Peoria.

As I mentioned PB turned 11 the other day. I did the cover the door in streamers routine.  I stayed up until 2am to make sure she wouldn't get up again before starting the door.  It was awesome when she opened her door in the morning.  I told her Happy Birthday and told her to come in to my room.  She just stood there half asleep and a bit dazed saying she couldn't get out.  I told her to rip it and she had a ball!   It was quite the Polish birthday as it was an all day free for all of whatever she wanted.  For breakfast she asked for hash browns which are her favorite.  Then she opened her gifts from me.  (why oh why do I purchase gifts that wind up requiring me to work on them??? LOL!).  We played for awhile and then went shopping with my mom.  She scored some new stuff at Target and then we went to lunch with my mom, sister & nephews.  PB has become a big fan of musicals and she wanted the Hugh Jackman version of Oklahoma and the Julie Andrews version of The Sound of Music and her Aunt gave her those as well as some money for her Disney trip.  After lunch we came home and watched Oklahoma.  After that it was time to go to the Riverplex for a workout and then dinner.  My uncles partner is the manager at Olive Garden and Kiernan adores her Uncle Gerald.  So it was off to pick up the birthday cake at DQ and take it to Olive Garden.  Her uncles gave her a Disney Princess Visa gift card to take to Disney with her.  She thinks she's pretty hot stuff!  As part of her birthday gift I ordered a Cinderella costume for her to wear on our trip to Disney.  She'll probably wear it when she goes to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique followed by lunch at Cinderella's Castle.  She's also going to a very special tea party so I don't know if she'll wear the Cinderella costume again or a different one. 


Birthday Door Surprise
  photo Kierbirthdaydoor_zps4d128dbb.jpg
Birthday Lunch  photo Kierbirthday_zps2ac1a2a4.jpg PB's Cinderella Costume  I can't wait for it to arrive so she can try it on!
  photo KiernanCinderella2_zpseeb92eb8.jpg