Saturday, February 28, 2015

Hodge podge

Princess Bear (PB) was delighted to have the day off of school after our adventures with the fire department and not getting to sleep until well after 3am.  She tried to have another free day reasoning that it was only a 1/2 day and she could spend it with me.  She definitely knows how to work.  She still went to school!  I did let her after a couple of friends over the afternoon she had a 1/2 day so I was back at being the best mom in the world.  It's a bit entertaining how quickly that status changes. 

I had my evaluation with the physical therapist for my ankle.  This is the same ankle that I hurt over 2 months ago.  I'm getting a bit sick of gimping around to be honest.  I was told that I have fluid in the ankle joint as well as 4 cysts around my ankle.  Fun and games.  She also said that all the muscles, tendons, and ligaments in my left foot are very loose.  This therapist is awesome.  Both my mom and I have worked with her in the past.  I was slightly disheartened when she told me that she was sending a report to my Dr. that I not only needed therapy for my ankle but my knees, hips and back.  She said that it will be 3 months of 2 or 3 times a week and another 6 months of weekly.  After that it'd taper off until I could stop.  She did tell me that I need to wear shoes with more "substance".  Nothing like having an excuse to go shoe shopping!  I've got a couple of new pairs of Dr. Martens heading my way! 

Life with PB has been interesting this week.  Last night she went to see the theater production of Beauty and the Beast.  This is the 2nd time her fairy godfather has we jokingly call him sent her to this.  Jack is my dad's best friend and you'd think his purpose is to spoil my child!  In the last couple of years he's bought tickets for her to see Wicked, Beauty and the Beast twice, and Mary Poppins.  He doesn't get send her to the play either.  It also includes the playbook, a t-shirt and whatever else tickles her fancy!  He regularly stops at the house with new movies for her or just some toy that he thinks she has to have.  If she hears of an play or event that she really wants to go to she'll usually ask me or her grandparents.  If we tell her no she then informs us that it's time for her to call Jack!  She knows where her bread is buttered!  Anyway back to the play.  It was bitter cold here last night and there were several other events going on at the Civic Center so my parents decided to go about an hour and a half early.  It was so nice to have an evening to myself to just chill!  I did think of going to see American Sniper but staying warm won out.  PB and my parents didn't return home until almost 10:45pm and PB was SPUN UP!  I asked my mom what she fed her.  Just a bunch of hard candy.  Thanks mom!  It was big fun getting her to sleep last night!  Today she decided that breaking out in random hives just isn't good enough anymore.  She has this very funky purple spotted rash above her top lip and her lips are swollen.  I really wish I knew what the hell that was all about.  I gave her some benedryl even though this wasn't a regular case of hives.  It lightened up the rash for several hours.  I can say that PB keeps me on my toes at all times! 

So that's the story here.  I'm just glad that tonight PB was asleep by 9pm.  I'm hoping to watch some Netflix and fall out pretty early myself.  'Night!

No comments: