Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Welcome to Illinois!

Well, if you're not from Illinois- you're not missing much! OK, all joking aside it isn't that bad here. A few things are notable though. In my mind the weather being the biggest. As in if you don't like the weather wait 10 minutes and it will probably change. That said there are a few things that don't change in Illinois. It is absolute hell for anyone who suffers from allergies or sinus problems. Seeing as I am oh so lucky to deal with both life here is just beautiful this time of year! Today I look like a one eyed freak! My left eye is swollen red and looking oh so lovely. At first I was going to go to a doc in a box to get some allergy relief. Kiernan loved that idea. I'd worry except for the fact that its kinda cute. "Mommy going to Dr?" "Yes I am Kier lets get ready". Approximately 1 minute later Kiernan comes bounding up with a few books and and Mr. Doodle. She looks at me with those big brown eyes and in all sincerity says "Mommy I'll hold your hand". Don't we just live for those cute moments?!!? Especially amid all the chaos and destruction!!! Long story short I just called Dr. Crabb and asked for Patanol (a lifesaver for allergy eyes! Totally beautiful stuff) Kier was very disappointed not to be taking mommy to the Dr. Damn I'm such a bad mommy!

Life in the house has been very low key since the gas leak. I'm sure that it won't last long but I'll take the down time while I can! I'm doing some serious pondering on what I want to do when I grow up! I really miss my work with the Navy (and g-d knows that I miss those Navy men!) That said there are way to many complications returning to that life right now so I'm wavering back and forth between a few other options. Dental hygienist, nurse, massage therapist. Am I the only person in the world at the age of 34 has absolutely no idea what I want to do when I grow up?!!? I'm getting together with Ted on Monday for lunch to discuss the massage therapy/ alternative healing route. Money wise it would be the least profitable but is the most interesting to me. I'm getting so into making things for Kiernan and myself. Dr. Bronners is the sh*t! What a killer base to use! Its just so frightening when you thing about all of the substances that are in everyday items we use and how much is absorbed by our bodies. There is also such a feeling of well being having used and or made something that is good for you and the environment. Its been beyond cool learning what herbs can do what. Did you know if you color your hair at all you shouldn't use jojoba oil in any hair products? Jojoba oil is so moisturizing but it will make your hair very oily if it has been colored. Now aren't you glad that I shared that tidbit with you?!!?

Well that is my oh so exciting life!

No comments: