Friday, July 15, 2011

Things are a bloomin'!

I know I shouldn't be surprised but after not really paying much attention to the garden for a week because of Princess Bear (PB) being sick and then me going down the same rod but its amazing how much happens in a garden in a week!!!! Here are some pics:



Photobucket


Take a look at the right hand side of the photo- the muskmelon vine is growing up the air conditioner unit and over some tomato cages my dad threw down! It's alive!!!!



Photobucket


The eggplants are growing HUGE leaves but no flowers yet. The peppers are doing well. We've already harvested several sweet banana peppers.



Photobucket


Yes there are LOTS of tomato plants. I'm hoping to can some ketchup and spaghetti sauce! Ignore the weeds in the walkway!



Photobucket


The brussel sprouts are doing well. Broccoli and cabbage are doing ok (again- ignore the weeds!!!)



Photobucket


The basil is growing like gangbusters! I need to get some fresh tomatoes from the farmers market because mine aren't near ready and a bit of fresh mozzerella and yum!

The downside is that the Japanese beetles are everywhere. I'm not joking it was almost a biblical proportion infestion. We set out a few of the phernome (?) traps. I also went out there and hand picked them off the apple trees. A cup of beetles anyone???


Photobucket

No comments: