Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Being Politically Correct does ABSOLUTELY nothing positive for anyone!

Yep, I'm doing it again and I'm not even going to feel bad about it.  It's going to get political up in here.  It was bound to happen.  Last night I started reading Sarah Palin's book Good Tidings Great Joy last night.  So far it's a great read and one of the things she discusses its the ill effects of being politically correct.  I've never been one for being politically correct.  Have your opinions and hold on to them dearly.  Voice them often.  As long as it is YOUR opinion and you can back it up sing it from the damn rooftops!  I've never had that filter and the fact that I don't prescribe to the politically correct camp can make for some damn fine dinner conversation if you ask me!  I loved it when Dr. Ben Carson started speaking out on being politically correct and Lord knows if a black man from his beginnings can see the absurdity of political correctness so should the rest of us.  Just my opinion of course!

SO, you're asking yourself other than the Sarah Palin book what is bringing about this rant?  Yeah, anyone check out this evenings news on A&E channel suspending Phil Robertson for the anti gay remarks he made?  The media has been having a field day all day with the remarks and now A&E has decided to suspend the patriarch of the Robertson clan.  You can find an article HERE in which Robertson's comments can be read.  You can read the response from A&E in a HuffPost article HERE.


 photo 1472834_633964156663040_963432553_n_zps65dc1b0b.jpg

Now my whole problem is the fact that living in America it seems as though the value placed on being politically correct has taken over the value of having your own opinion. Phil Robertson has even released this statement which I think is beautifully stated. “I myself am a product of the 60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

The man is standing up for his faith and receiving a shit ton of garbage about it.  Wasn't America founded by the Pilgrims with the express purpose of being able to worship and believe as they wanted to?  YES!!!!  Isn't  there a lovely little idea called freedom of speech?  Why yes there is!  Of course only if your thoughts line up with the liberal mainstream media can you share your thoughts without harassment.

This is another witch hunt on conservatives and I'm so bloody sick and tired of it.  It's the Barilla CEO all over again.  Both this men have said the alternative gay lifestyle is not something they can relate to nor does it mesh with their religious ideologies.  They were not being disrespectful to gays.  They just said it isn't something they support.  When in the hell did it become mandatory to have to support every Tom, Dick and Harry's sexual, religious or any other view? 

This is so incredibly frustrating to me because it seems that in America this is a very scary time to be a Conservative.  Now I can honestly say that I've played both sides here.  At one point in my life I was incredibly liberal.  Actually I still am in that I just want everyone to be able to think, feel and say whatever they believe in without major backlash.  I just don't understand when their are truly homophobic bigots out there why the mainstream media has to create more drama.

If you'd like to check out Sarah Palin's response and a great Breitbart article on this whole mess check it out HERE.

I really think one of my goal's for 2014 is to lose any sense of political correctness I still harbor.  I'm going to be passionate about what I am passionate about.  I'm going to share what I'm passionate about and what I believe in.  If you believe in it...rock on!  If not...fine.  More power to you.  Hell, let's grab up a cup of tea or a beer and debate about it.  Maybe you see it in a way that I've never even considered before and vice versa.  I truly think that the more we take pride in our beliefs and stand up for them the better the world is.  We don't all have to agree all the time.  There is beauty in agreeing to disagree.  There is beauty in courage.  There is beauty in just letting everyone live their own damn life. 


No comments: