Thursday, October 1, 2009

Stuff you don't know about me (maybe)

So I'm suffering from a bit of the blahs today. I'm completely exhausted for some inexplicable reason & had a go round with my mom last night that is still rattling around in my brain more than I'd like. I'm trying to stick with my blogging so I get back into the habit so I swiped with my from friends Heather's blog over at Wanting What You Have. (I hope you don't mind Heather!)



Stuff you don't need to know about me, but I'm going to tell you anyway

The phone rings. Who will it be?
Lately my cell is getting all sorts of calls from numbers I don't recognize and therefore am not answering. Other than that its probably my sister. House phone probably one of my parents

When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
Um this is one of those it depends on the situation answers. If I'm alone yes. If Princess Bear is in the car it depends on how close it it. If I can't I try to pawn it off an someone going into the store.

In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?
Talker

Do you take compliments well?
Not usually as I find it rather embarrassing

Do you play Sudoku?
No, because you see my brain doesn't work like that. Also I have no patience, and I sweat when I think hard. DITTO!!! I tried but honestly numbers are not my friends (I reverse numbers so math has always been a challenge). I'll stick with crossword puzzles and logic puzzlers thank you!

If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?
OK- how long do I have to survive? The night? A day or two? A week? Although most people would say that I'm a princess its often forgotten that I was a Recreation major and did enough camping to know what I'm doing. Consequently I would last awhile (with water please!) but thats all I'll commit to!

Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
Yep. My parents sent my sister & I to Space Camp several times when we were growing up. I then went on to work there as a counselor one summer.

What was your favorite game as a kid?
Clue

Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?
In the past I would have said yes now I guess it depends. What are their beliefs? Can they respect your beliefs? What about kids....

Do you like to pursue or be pursued?
I like to be pursued

Use three words to describe yourself?
Funny, caring and outspoken

Do any songs make you cry?
no although bagpipes will often reduce me to tears. Its been worse ever since my best friends fathers funeral 3 years ago. Her mom is from Scotland and her brother is a piper and at the end of the funeral they piped the casket out. I completely lost it.

Are you continuing your education?
Yes I'm taking basic ASL (American Sign Language) and hope to become an interpreter

Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth?
yep

How often do you read books?
daily

Do you think more about the past, present or future?
I tend to ruminate about the past and fret about the future while spending very little time thinking about the here and now.

What is your favorite children’s book?
I was really into the Little House on the Prairie Books. Can't wait to start reading them with PB

What color are your eyes?
Hazel. As in very moss green at times then brown, amber, and even have some dark blue thrown in. My sister & I are totally a battle of the genes when it comes to our eye color.

Where is your dream house located?
I'm not sure where but I'd love a log cabin that I could homestead in. Maybe Oregon or Canada

If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed?
Princess Bear and Fluffy (my cat is a BIG wuss who would hide otherwise) then my digital camera because I have so many photos saved.

When was the last time you were at Olive Garden?
Man its been a long time. Probably more than a year.

Where was the furthest place you traveled today?
To my sisters which is about 20 minutes from here

Do you like mustard?
To a small extent. Its most definitely not my favorite condiment but I do love honey mustard pretzels!

Do you prefer to sleep or eat?
Without a doubt sleep

Do you look like your mom or dad?
Ok- everyone says I look just like my mom and my sister is the spitting image of my dad but that my sister & I look alike. My mom has a medium complexion, dark, dark brown eyes and black hair my dad is very fair with ice blue eyes and had reddish brown hair. I think my sister and I are a pretty good mix but my personality is a bit more like my mom's (more of an extrovert and kind of loud. My dad is very quiet for the most part)

How long does it take you in the shower?
Man I can log some serious shower time. Only because its my only down time but I can stay until the water turns cold. Not very environmentally conscience of me but I don't do it often.

Can you do the splits?
So laughing my butt off right now. Not even on a good day!

What movie do you want to see right now?
My friend Chris & I were saying we should do a move soon (I've been to 2 movies since PB was born & she's 6 1/2.) but that we had no idea what was out or coming out. Kinda sad, huh?

What did you do for New Year’s?
I let PB stay up until about 10:30 or 11pm and then I played on the Internet for awhile & saw that the Cubs traded DeRosa to the Cards & had to call Maria to tell her and then told my dad (if you're not a Cubs fan this was a very very bad trade and NO one was happy about it)

Do you think The Grudge was scary?
I didn't see it. See the about movie ? Plus I do not do scary movies well

Do you own a camera phone?
yep

What’s the last letter of your middle name?
e

How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
Usually between 3-5

Do you like Care Bears?
They're ok. I can take them or leave them

What do you buy at the movies?
Soda & chocolate- 2 staples in my diet!

Do you know how to play poker?
No- I pretty much suck at card games

Do you wear your seat belt?
Yep. Growing up my parents refused to move the car until everyone was buckled up. I've had enough close calls including being in the back seat and having my eyelid split open in high school. Bad enough but if I wouldn't have been buckled I'd most likely have lost my eye.

How many meals do you eat a day?
1 or 2 (I know this isn't good I'm trying to get into a healthier lifestyle)

Do you like funny or serious people better?
Have to go with funny

Ever been to L.A.?
Nope and have NO desire

Did you eat a cookie today?
As a matter of fact yes. My sister always has the Newman's Own version of Oreos- yummy!

Do you hate chocolate?
Big old NO on that!

Are you a gullible person?
Unfortunately yes.

Are you easy to get along with?
Most of the time.

No comments: