Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ugh!

I'm seriously ready for some big down time. I have this feeling of being on a hamster wheel or something like it. Princess Bear (PB) has had another tough year at school this year. I understand that children need to learn about grades at some point in time. I also understand that my daughter is in a special ed first grade. Does she really need to know she got a "F" or 0%??? If it was a subject that we hadn't be having monumental struggles with I might not be so upset but I really feel like this is just another chip away at her self esteem. So, am I overreacting? Give me some feedback!

2 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

Grades at that age are worthless, especially since she's in a special class anyway. I think a talk with the teacher is needed. If that doesn't work, go to your principal.

Sarah said...

Jen,

I'll have to drop you an email about the test she took today. I was so proud of PB b/c she got an "A" but frankly I'm also amazed! (am I allowed to say that?) I was also a bit astonished by what the teacher expected them to know!