Friday, January 9, 2015

A mish mash

Ok...not really sure were this post is going.  I've had entirely TOO much caffeine and I'm loose at the keyboard at 1:35am.  Much safer than other options but still leaves plenty of room for trouble!

First of all how about some yummy-ness?  My dad's cousin was sharing this link on Facebook earlier.  In my opinion there is no better taste combination than peanut butter and chocolate!  Many of these recipes have that exact combo.  In other words they'll work better than a Hershey bar dipped in Jif with a side of salt lick if you're particularly PMSy.  Check it out HERE.

OK next up.  Let's talk about that the fact that no one is entitled to their own opinion in Hollywood.  And I for one and damn sick of it.  What's bringing this little rant about?  Last night Princess Bear and I were watching the Peoples Choice Awards.  Did you see it?  If so did you hear Kaley Cuoco-Sweetings joke about her apology tour?  I absolutely love that she poked fun at it but wish it wasn't necessary due to BS backlash.  If you're not sure what I'm referring to it all started with a Redbook interview that Kaley did.  It asked her if she was a feminist.  This is her response:

Cuoco answered “Is it bad if I say no?” and continued: “Things are different now, and I know a lot of the work that paved the way for women happened before I was around… I was never that feminist girl demanding equality, but maybe that’s because I’ve never really faced inequality.” And: “I cook for [my husband] Ryan five nights a week: It makes me feel like a housewife; I love that. I know it sounds old-fashioned, but I like the idea of women taking care of their men.”

Apparently this is a HUGE sin.  It's not ok to not be a feminist y'all.  We're all supposed to be out there raging against men and railing for womens rights at all times.  Anything else is unacceptable.

What complete, total and utter bullshit is that?  Why isn't it ok to say "What makes me happy is being a homemaker and mother?" Why can't women find fulfillment in the home and not be ridiculed for that?  If it is their choice then why isn't that ok?

If you can't tell I find this horribly offensive.  It's kind of like when people had a huge piss fit because Legos came out with Lego Friends as a way to entice more girls to play with Legos.  Yes the Legos are in a more "girly" color format and have things like horses.  Why is this bad?  My daughter loves playing with her Legos.  Am I really supposed to get upset that hers are pink, purple and light blue instead of navy, red and black?  If I am I guess I've failed her on that front.  I'm just glad that she's playing with something that doesn't have a screen and makes noise.  I'm freaking ecstatic if she gets all those little fu$#ers picked up!

  photo Lego_zps113eb3de.png

Seriously!  There is no pain like stepping on a freaking lego barefoot!  If you're a mom you know this!  You also know that the things multiply like Gremlins when you aren't looking!

Also before you get all upset with me I'm equally offended when women don't get paid an equal amount for doing the same work.  I'm upset when women receive backlash for entering into what is perceived as a "mans job".  Its all bullshit all the way around.  I just don't think it's acceptable when people have an issue with women staying home, raising their kids and taking on the more traditional role of a homemaker.  Whatever floats your boat should be enough....without having to explain or justify. 

I just have to say that I'm not happy about a world in which it isn't ok to make your family and home your main focus if that's what you hold important.  It's a bit like being PC.  It's gone way to far and the pendulum needs to swing back!  I wonder how many working mothers are working mothers because they find real fulfillment in it?  I wonder how many working mothers would quit their jobs if the lose of their income would not throw their family into economic peril?  Just pondering a few points.

 I could go on but I'm sure I've pissed off a few people by this point.  I'd say I'm sorry but I'm really not.  Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn if my post has your panties in a bunch!  Let's just agree to disagree from the onset, ok?


No comments: