Friday, January 16, 2015

When did I become a Crusader?

It seems as though more and more I spend time fighting for something that is right just because it's right.  Not that it will have much bearing for me but just because it is something that needs to be done.  I suppose in some ways my parents formed my sister and I to do exactly this.  Stand up for those who can't or don't.  Question authority if things don't seem to be adding up.  I guess that's what happens when 2 hippies have kids!  I remember being little sitting at this kid sized table my parents and writing a letter to President Jimmy Carter encouraging him to do more to help get the hostages from the Iranian Hostage situation home.  I was 6 y'all.  That's the kind of stuff my parents thought was important and encouraged.  All through grade school every time we had parent teacher conferences my teachers would always comment that I questioned them often.  My parents had no problem with this as long as I did it respectfully and since getting sent to the Principals office wasn't fun you can be sure I was respectful as all get out while still questioning what was what.  When I was in 8th grade I really rocked the boat.  My sister was playing on the schools volleyball team.  The team had made it to sectionals but didn't play all the players.  Just the good ones.  That was against school rules.  The coaches just hoped that no one would connect those dots or rat them out.  Yeah, I don't think so.  Oh before I go any further here my sister was not one of those kids that was benched but 2 of her friends were.  I said something to the coaches and they disregarded me.  I said something to the principal.  She disregarded me.   Yeah ok.  You can try to ignore me but I'm not going to go away.  As it turned out I wrote a letter to the Bishop breaking down what had happened.  That really got people's panties in a bunch.  My parents backed me up.  Better yet the girls benched were apologized to and it didn't happen again.  I would have loved it if they hadn't let those parents coach any longer but you can't win them all!

So what is all this back story about?  Remember the total POS hospitalist that did nothing as far as treatment or following the orders from the admitting Dr. from when Princess Bear (PB) was in the hospital?  Well I got the follow up letter from the inquiry.  Long story short they are saying that this Dr. didn't do anything wrong.  No where things got really interesting is that it says the Dr. saw PB on the day she was admitted.  That is a bald faced lie.  So after talking to the patient manager PB has had at her pediatricians office since birth the wheels are being set in motion for me to pursue this further.  Do not lie and say you saw my child.  Do not lie and say my daughters admission orders were different than they were.  I'm going to call you on your bullshit.  So I have the office notes from the Dr's visit that led to her hospitalization.  Monday I'm going to the hospital to get a copy of her records from that hospitalization.  The patient manager pointed out that if I want to pursue this for legal reasons I didn't have much of a leg to stand on.  After assuring her that I wasn't in it looking for a payout but rather to make sure PB and any of the other kids in the practice that might have to deal with this hospitalist deserve more she completely encouraged me to run this further up the flag pole.  It's not just about my daughter.  G-d willing and the creek don't rise she won't have another hospitalization  (ok so I might not bet the ranch on that but I'm going for positive) but there are a lot of kids that get sent to the hospital by the pediatric group we use that deserve a hell of a lot more than this clown Dr. is giving them!

I'm also embroiled in a similar situation with our local school district.  I'm not going to say too much about it at this point in time just because it's a very volatile situation and I am trying to keep my head covered while still stirring the pot.  Hard yes but not impossible. 

So that is the story here.  Never thought that advocate would be a frequently worn hat but it's happening more and more often.  Guess I'll just roll with it!

4 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

The world need fighters! You GO GIRL!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Sarah said...

Thanks Linda. I'm going...because if not me then who?

Susy said...

For some reason I have the theme song to Bonanza going through my head. Anyway, go get em!

Sarah said...

I am Sue. I've always used more pissed off music when I start with stuff like this. Rammstein, Rob Zombie, Drowning Pool and Godsmack. Maybe I need to rethink it and give Bonanza a whirl! :)