Friday, September 26, 2008

Blogging

So after my rant last night while still trying to operate with no real caffeine intake I started checking out the blogs I try to check daily. Jen over at Jen On The Edge did a post on five different ways that blogging has positively or negatively affected her. What a great idea! I'll jump on this bandwagon! So without further ado here we go!

1. I have learned so much from reading other blogs its almost mind blowing. I've come across people from walks of life that I would have never encountered otherwise. I have learned how to make my own laundry detergent, the basics of canning, OAMC, and cheese making. I learned more about Home Management Binders and Christmas Notebooks. I've gotten great suggestions from books to ways to help my insomnia.

2. Blogging is a wonderful outlet for me. I'm going through a relatively bumpy road in my life right now and although I do see a great therapist that's one hour a week. I can sit down and write out how I'm feeling about my day and it really helps put things in perspective sometimes. You can't ask for much more than that!

3. I love contests & giveaways. I've even shared some of them with fellow readers. I have discovered that blogs are a great way of finding out about contests and giveaways since the blogging world is so generous. I actually won a PIF giveaway last week! I'm so excited!!! I'll post a pic of my goodies when it gets here and then start my own PIF!

4. Sometimes I feel very shut off from the rest of the world. As an extremely extroverted person that is pretty tough to deal with at times. Being a single mom to a special needs child is somewhat daunting and I rarely get to go out socially and have very little adult interaction. I've also talked a bit about my struggles with depression. Blogging has really helped with this. It makes it harder for me to shut myself away when things are going well. I've also received tons of support and encouraging words. You might not realize it but a comment or email with an idea or a few encouraging words really can turn a bad day around.

5. Life is much funnier in the blogging world. Within all the rough days or serious situations there are also really funny moments. I can't even tell you how much I appreciate reading a laugh out loud blog when I'm having "one of those days". It makes up for only getting one Janet Evanovich book a year. Honestly I think of a few of my favorite funny posts and still chuckle out loud! Here are a couple of those if you feel like a good chuckle is in order!

Jen On the Edge detailing their visits with a squirrel “We can do that; we don’t even have to have a reason.”*

Heather recounting bath time at her house. Her blog is Want What You Have and here is that great story (I'm chuckling just typing this!)

Since Princess Bear is a single we don't have the sibling stories but I do love reading those who share theirs. It brings me back to my childhood with my sister. Bethany at Happy to be called Mommy shared Sometimes They're Not So Nice

So there you have it. Why I love blogging and how its been a positive in my life! So, why do you blog?



HM Sarah Siggy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's always so interesting to find out why people blog. Thanks for listing your reasons!