Monday, September 29, 2008

Is it bedtime?!!?

Hello all! Once again I feel like I've fallen off the face of the earth. I took Princess Bear (PB) to the Dr. on Friday for what seemed to be another mystery rash. (the teachers sage advice was that PB had bug bites) The main idea of the Dr's appt on Friday was to get the all clear to go to St. Louis for the endocrinologist appointment today. Ha! The best laid plans. The Dr. looked at PB and told her she was quite the mystery. There was a chance it could be chicken pox (and the vaccine is good for what then?!!?) or some unknown virus trying to exit her body. The Dr. basically said that if the bumps blistered and scabbed by Sunday it was chicken pox if not chalk it up to mystery virus. Needless to say either case not a fun weekend was in store for us. PB was pretty tired and grumpy but honestly who can blame her?!!!? Yesterday she had another spot that was burning into a nasty growing welt so I decided that St. Louis was out of the question.

Now I must say that despite the kind of ick weekend we had there were 2 very big highlights for me. The first was that I received my PIF prize from Heather at Wanting What you Have. I was so excited! It was the first time in a very very long time I'd won something so that in itself excited me. I was like a kid waiting for the postman! Heather sent some great goodies...seriously good hot chocholate, a wonderfully yummy smelling candle and a touchpoint book. I'll try to take photos tomorrow and start a PIF from this blog! Heather----thank you thank you thank you! I love everything!

The second biggie is that PB fell asleep and spent most of the night IN HER ROOM last night!!!! PB has been sleeping in my room since February. Long story but to no avail have I been able to get her back in her room. Something clicked last night & she was good to go. Tonight I set up her princess bed and she is sleeping in there again! WOOHOO!!!! Its the little things I tell you.

I feel like there's a lot more to fill you in on but I need to crash before I fall asleep on my feet. Look for the PIF giveaway tomorrow!


HM Sarah Siggy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're very welcome! So glad you liked it!