Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I must admit that I'm a bit jealous!

That is of people experiencing Spring weather!  There isn't a crocus or daffodil in sight yet and those are always the first signs of Spring here.  We actually had a bit of snow last night and they are calling for some random flurries tonight and tomorrow.  I think I'm looking more forward to Spring than usual since illness has been so prevalent this winter.  Currently I can't swallow anything.   Great diet but a quick way to become dehydrated.  I'm beyond ready to play in the garden and not be sick! 

Princess Bear (PB) had a Spring dance at school today.  She was all excited because her friend Terek asked her to go and dance with him.  He's a sweet kid.  Bless their little hearts though.  He needs a walker to get around some I'm not sure how the actual dancing went but they had fun!  In her usual attempt to make me even more gray she asked "can I use some of your lipstick since you're sick and won't use it and I have a dance?"  Ugh!!!  We went through what my rules for make up are.  Is it Halloween?   Nope.  Is it a recital or performance of some kind?   Nope.  No such luck PB!!!  I guess I have to give her points for trying!  She's growing up way too quickly for my taste though! 

3 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

They do grow up fast. And, heck Mom, she just wanted to look good for her friend.

❤⊱彡 Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Leigh said...

They definitely grow up too fast! Pretty cute though. Glad you're a non-nonsense mom. :)

Sarah said...

Linda- we agreed on wearing a pretty necklace and doing a special hair do would be ok for looking good for her buddy! :)

Leigh- Thanks! Sometimes I do feel like I'm a bit of a meanie but the world forces them to grow up so fast I figure I'll just counter it where I can!