Wednesday, June 11, 2008

School times Contest

Ok...because I don't know of ANY other way of doing this I'll do it by comments left (although if you can tell me a better way please let me know!)


1) What hours does your child go to school each day?
Do they go to a private or public school?
Do you feel this is a long enough school day?


The public school district in their great wisdom here in Peoria has cut the school day for primary children in an attempt to balance the budget. I'm trying to get a feel for what other school districts do. (Oh...the school day is going to be from 9:15a to 3p)

Every comment will count as one entry. Also if you refer someone and they include your name & link in their comment you will receive another entry.

Contest will run through June 25th.

PRIZES:

Pair of 4th of July clippies. (I'll post pics in the next day or two!) Spread the word! I'd really appreciate the help!


Thanks so much for leaving a comment!

HM Sarah Siggy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My girls are in school from 8:30-3:00. It's a public school that goes through 4th grade. We don't have a problem with the length of the school day, just the amount of homework.

Anonymous said...

Jen,

Thanks for the input! Is the amount of homework too much? How many hours a night? Mine is entering kindergarten in the fall so we haven't entered the wonderful world of homework yet!

Congrats on the house too!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Hi Sarah!
We are a homeschool family with a lifestyle of learning approach. We have 4 hours of book learning but always fill the days will a rich learning experience so the children are always learning.

The best thing ... no homework!

Wishing you the best with the pool. We are thinking about getting a small above ground this year as well. I, too, was a bit worried about the maintenance. Is it very expensive?

Smiles,
Lea

Anonymous said...

We are a homeschooling family. One thing I love about it is that everything is on your own terms. I set the hours, the materials my children study, and there is no homework for them to do after their work is done. My kids generally have all of their school work complete in just a few hours, unless their lessons are difficult- then it takes a little longer.

I hope that you'll be able to figure out what to do with your pool! I would love to have a pool this time of year!