Sunday, May 4, 2008

Random & Rather un-PC Ramblings

HM leaf gliding


Ok let me just say that I hate, hate, HATE animal racing of any nature! Yes this is in response to today's Kentucky Derby. Now please don't get me wrong. I think watching a horse run is a magnificent sight. They are designed to run. Unfortunately its they aren't meant to have a little man on their back and run around a big oval. Its so sad that Eight Belles had to be put down. Now I completely understand that horses need to be put down on a regular basis so please don't feel the need to comment on my naivete. I also understand that racing and breeding has taken horses that in all actuality have legs that are an anatomical marvel as is and made them even smaller and longer in hopes of a better runner. Its not just horse racing I'm against. I had dog racing as well. When I worked for MWR I had to take a group on a trip to WI for the dog races. I went back on Monday and told my boss never again. I guess all of it comes from me being a huge animal lover at heart (in my single premommy days my parents always knew that if I were to pass away they were donating my life insurance money to animal causes). It makes me absolutely crazy that people can hurt animals and little kids. I truly believe that there is a special place in hell for people who do such things. Ok enough of that one. What else should I ramble about?

Did you ever know if you try to remember the five different types of Weapons of Mass destruction the first letter of each type spells out BNICE. Kind of ironic huh? Then again the fact that I'm studying WMD in Medical Terminology is such a sad commentary on the state of our world. Here we go...some more personal beliefs. If any country willingly (that being the key word there) harbors terrorist I believe that they have given up the right to ask why when they are attacked. HELLO! You are harboring terrorist...good enough reason for me. Can I get a second?!!? This would go for Lebanon & Palestine. It makes me so crazy that these countries have people who will stand up saying but X amount of innocent civilians have been killed. Ok, how about this...you kick out all of the damn terrorists and no more innocents will be killed. Seems fair. Now I'm not for the killing of innocent lives its awful but one the general mindset condones terrorism is anyone really an innocent? It reminds me an interview that DL Hughley had with Jay Leno shortly after 9/11. They were talking about increased airport security. DL's comment was "Sometimes its not racial profiling; somethings its just damn fine Police work!" LOVE IT! Honestly I want to see that clip again right before I die so I can go out laughing. Its even better because its a black man saying this.

Ok, if you've lasting with me this long as you can tell I'm just in one of those moods. I'm still beyond tired but hanging in there. My mom did lay off the week rule. She is even letting me pick a date of when everything will be done. A bit scary since I'm such a damn slacker. Then again it will be very nice to get my act together and have the rooms clean. I have to start planning Princess Bears (PB) summer curriculum and birthday party. I still think I'm a bit nuts for wanting to homeschool her for the summer. Hello...what was I thinking?!!? On the other hand I'm really excited about the birthday except for the rude awakening that my baby is going to be 5! We're doing a Strawberry Shortcake theme. Now if I could just come up with some good ideas! Well that is the situation here. I'm going to study a bit more, read and then SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


HM Sarah Siggy

No comments: