Tuesday, May 13, 2008

We now return to our regularly scheduled program

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Mothers Day!!!

Things around here are the usual. I sent Princess Bear (PB) to school for a 1/2 day on Friday. It did both of a lot of good to have a break from one another. She was also very excited to see her friends. As I was dropping her off her friend Bella was getting dropped off at the same time. PB gets out of the car and races to Bella in her wheelchair and they start hugging. So cute!!!

As for me I spent a lot of time working on my mom's mothers day gift. As it turns out I wound up only getting 3 hours of sleep on Friday night and Saturday night. I was trying so hard to get it done.....to no avail! I did show her what I had. Didn't matter she didn't even look at it. There are times I ask myself why I try.

I feel like I've just been a baking and cooking fool lately! On Saturday night I made meatloaf muffins for dinner. I love meatloaf but have never made it before. That has always been my mom's and my grandmother's territory. PB loves hamburgers but gets a bit weird about other beef products (we eat hamburger helper sans beef!). Anyway, the meatloaf muffins went over really well. Color me surprised! PB looked at me and was like "Thank you so much for making these for me mommy!" How stinkin' cute is that?!!? Most definitely made my day! Then around 11pm I started putting things together for Mother's Day breakfast (I had breakfast, my sister was doing lunch and my mom was picking where to order in from for dinner). On the breakfast menu was egg & bacon crockpot casserole, toffee delight muffins and potato casserole. All in all things turned out really well. We're going to be eating egg & bacon casserole all week though! The potato casserole was so easy (hash brown patties, cream, salt & garlic and then cheese the last 10 min). The muffins although the worried me were great. PB was sneaking them every chance she could get. My mom was pretty miserable all day and did her best to involve everyone. We did have a great time at Gymboree getting PB some clothes. I love that place! I so want some of the 4th of July stuff for this year! When I win the lotto I guess! I am friends with one of the salesgirls and she is having a garage sale of sorts...she is just calling some of her favorite customers so I'm way looking forward to that!!!

I've also started to prepare for PB's birthday. We're doing a Strawberry Shortcake theme....anyone have any ideas?!!? One of the women in my printables group is going to do some custom invitations for me and some other favor printables. I'm so excited!

My daughter seems to be doing a little better behavior wise with anyone but me. She is really working my last nerve. I'm getting so nervous about school being out for her soon. Since we only had a few snow days this year she gets out the 30th. We also have her IEP meeting next Monday. I'm so nervous. I'm also still ragin mad about the shortened school day next year. How long does everyone else's kiddo have school? Could you ask around to your friends as well and drop me a line? Thanks!

Oh~ I made a batch of homemade "febreeze" last week...LOVE IT! It is a lot less expessive and the smell seems to last much longer! My lavender water is still "cooking". Can anyone tell me why a mixture of dried lavender blooms and vodka is called lavender water?!!? I also used my peppermint Dr. Bronners for the first time yesterday....HELLO peppermint! I'm so in love!!! What a wonderful smell and mood booster! I'm throwing away the sorry excuse I bought on sale after Christmas from Bath & Body Works :(

I was able to meet with my med term teacher. Got a high B on my final and I aced the class. I'm so excited! Now to save enough money for next semester and figure out what classes to take!

Anyhoo~ that is the update on this end! Drop a line! Send some recipes! Tell me how long your kid (or any kid you know) goes to school! Always looking for all natural recipes and homeschooling hints too!



HM Sarah Siggy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the vanilla tip! I'm gonna try it--nothing else seems to be working, unfortunately.

I'm sorry about your mom's reaction (or lack of), especially after you worked so hard for her. I have a really difficult relationship with my mom. She would never give approval of any kind, even though I was always working my butt off to make her happy. I finally just gave up, because I realized that NOTHING makes her happy, and that's not my problem.

Anyway, if you ever want to talk privately, send me an e-mail:)