Sunday, October 12, 2008

And we came back home

Princess Bear & I have been housesitting/dogsitting for my uncle. It was lovely to have a break from my parents but coming back has been absolutely awful. My mother is once again on the I can't follow through with what they expect so I should "do the right thing" and start calling homeless shelters tomorrow. My parents have decided that I don't do enough around the house and that from now on I will be doing 2-3 hours of work that they detail for me. Now I suppose that's fair since I live here but the fact that they are setting up a schedule and don't care if there are any extenuating circumstances or not is a bit much. The fact that they're new thing is to have me clean the house is almost comical. As I've mentioned before my parents have never ever been the type to have a clean home. My sister and I never made our beds as youngsters because my parents didn't. We didn't know that you were supposed to. There was never any kind of cleaning schedule of dusting is this day, vacuuming is this day or anything of that sort. People knew (and still know) that they have to call a few hours ahead if they want to come by the house. You simply can't stop by our house on a whim. If you do you are liable to be entertained on the front porch. I suppose that's why I'm feeling so bitter about this. My parents are expecting something of me that they don't expect of themselves. And they're using it as a reason to kick me out. Now I know that I can really get into the routine of using my control journal and put of my downtime until I get done. It takes 21 days to make a habit right? So here's to me kicking butt in the next 21 days. Wish me luck!

P.S.- I wonder what my parents will come up with next to kick me out?!!!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to say this, because they're your parents and I know you love them, but they clearly have issues that need resolving.