Monday, October 22, 2012

Human behavior is an interesting thing, isn't it?

Today's post is going to be short.  It's been a long day here and while it was very successful in accomplishments (PB's room is completely clean, organized and good to go) it has also been incredibly draining.  It's just that I was pondering human behavior a bit and decided that I might as well put my thoughts to paper if you will.  Have you ever wondered why you or others do something?  Is something ever really done without motive?  It can be a innocent motive (wanting to help or make someone happy).  It doesn't have to be sinister.  Just are things done without motive?  Something I've been pondering.  I think we live in a very jaded society.  How often do you see pure altruism?  Don't confuse it with empathy or charity either.  Humans to an extent are capable of all of these behaviors don't get me wrong.  I'm just questioning the expanse of it.  Someone might do something thinking, actually quite sure, that they are doing something just to be nice or helpful.  Is it that?  Or is it the accolades that follow?  Is it a way of establishing boundaries?  Is it a means to an end? 

I've also been pondering the difference between reassurance and propaganda.  When something is reiterated ad naseum is it meant to cooberate or is it a propaganda tool?  Who is it that is to be convinced of said facts?  It's a bit like Shakespeare  "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."  Yes, today's post is a bit random and rambling.  Then again its my blog so it can be whatever it is that I feel like!   Now I'm going to go and enjoy some blessed silence before turning in.  Have a great night!

No comments: