Wednesday, January 15, 2014

It's a damn fine day!

Today Princess Bear and I are sharing some serious downtime without my family around.  We live with my parents because for PB it really is the best thing.  For the rest of us...not so much.  We try our best to keep things at a livable level and hope for the best.  I'm usually getting home from picking up PB from school about the same time my parents are landing after work.  PB has a tendenacy to want to come home and start blaring her music.  Now for the most part it isn't bad music.  Lately its been her Disney Princess CD, other times its Christian Kane or Adele.  Gotta admit I think my kid has a pretty diverse taste in music!  SO, it's unusual that we have the time without my folks home that she can unwind and go crazy before  I have to start cracking the homework whip and start the clean your room routine.  Once a month my mom has a meeting at work and she doesn't get off work until 8pm.  Today is meeting day.  My dad decided that he hasn't seen my nephews in a couple of weeks so he headed to Morton for some boy bonding time.  I'm figuring he's knee deep in Spider Man and all things Star Wars right about now.  What this means is that as I sit here and type PB is in the kitchen rockin' out.  Now I can handle most of the music she listens to because frankly it's music I listen to.  That said the CD of choice for the moment is the Disney Princess CD that Santa brought her.  I can only listen to it so many times.  I've reached the threshold on Disney.  So I've got YouTube open in another window and I'm in a country mood so its been Chris Young, Easton Corbin (this video cracks me up!), Blake Shelton(this is PB's all time favorite song...my parents swear I'm turning her into a "damn redneck"! lol), Florida Georgia Line (I love the version with Nelly too.  Gotta love Midest rappers!) , Billy Currington, Christian Kane, David Lee Murphy , John Michael Montgomery, Tim McGraw, sheDaisy (right up there with Katy Perry Firework in songs all girls should listen to and take to heart growing up!) and Trace Adkins.

I'm also in a good mood because I went to Ulta today to use my handy dandy $3.50 off $10 coupon.  Usually I spend WAY more than $10.  Mason is ready to stage an intervention.  I admit it I'm a cosmetics junkie.  Give me access to Butter London, Too Faced and nyx and I'm quite the happy girl.  Right now all nyx is  by one get one 50% off.  Thalia is the ultimate every day lipstick gals...not even kidding!  It's really moisturizing but still has some staying power!  I'm in love.  Lala is also a lovely shade.  So, I walked out of there with 4 tubes of nyx lipstick for until $10.  I won't mention the Too Faced and Butter London spree I went on the other day.  I've also created a monster.  PB loves going to Ulta.  She calls it the nail polish store.  My child could be a professional nail tech with all the damn polish she owns!  If you're a make up kinda gal Too Faced shadow insurance is the holy grail of shadow primer!!!!  I put on my makeup at 8:15am the other day and it still looked perfect at midnight that night.  Yes it's the little things that make me happy!!!

Now I'm going to get off the computer and have some cuddle time with my little girl!  Have a good one!

No comments: